Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cute Easter Treats

I don't do nearly as much for Easter as I do for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I saw this on another blog and thought it was just the cutest (and easiest) thing and wanted to share with you!  My husband's sister and brother-in-law are down for season and their daughter and grandkids are here over Easter.  We are all getting together with our daughters' families for Easter dinner and I thought I would make enough little "carrot" treats for everyone and "plant" them in a little garden like this one below.  I thought it might be darling for the centerpiece on the kids' table for dinner.


I went to site above - www.uncommondesignsonline.com - and she had several adorable and easy things to do at the last minute for Easter, which is what I really need.  The last few months, and entire year actually, have been so busy for me, that I haven't even really thought about Easter until this week.  About a month ago, I brought in all my Easter decorations from the garage and sat them on my dining room table, thinking I would do a little bit of decorating each day.  Well, let me tell you, those decorations sat there in that same spot for about three weeks until a few days ago when I finally put them back in the garage!  No Easter decorations for my house this year!

I do love Easter though.  When I was a little girl in the early 1960s in Michigan, Easter was all about getting a new dress, spring coat, hat, gloves, and little purse to wear to mass on Easter Sunday.  Of course, the Easter Bunny came and hid eggs and a basket and we would go to my grandparents with all my aunts and uncles and cousins, but that was the extent of it.  I don't think people really decorated back then, at least my mother didn't.

As my girls got a little older - middle school and up - I used to buy handmade chocolate treats from a now defunct store in Venice called Martha's Candy and Clutter and make little bags of each kind of candy and tie with colorful ribbons.  I had decorated white wicker baskets from a design in an early Martha Stewart Living magazine and they were just beautiful.  That was back in my "stay-at-home-mom" days when I had much more time to do creative things like that.  I still use those baskets for my two granddaughters and have done a more masculine basket for my grandson.

If you are time-challenged this year, like me, I hope you try a little something sweet like the "garden" above to get into the Easter holiday spirit!  Happy Hippity Hoppity Bunny Trails to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment