Monday, December 12, 2011

Easy Cinnamon Rolls for Christmas Morning - YUM!

Who doesn't love a warm, gooey cinnamon roll?  I used to slave away to make homemade cinnamon rolls from scratch for Christmas morning every year.  Last year I found this ultra-simple recipe for the most delish cinnamon rolls ever and they only take minutes!   I just had to share it with you!  I found it in the 2010 Southern Living Christmas at Home magazine.

I have made them a few times over the past year.  Last Christmas I found similar frozen roll dough at Publix in Nokomis where I normally shop, but when I made them this fall, the only place I could find the small frozen rolls where at Albertson's and I looked ALL OVER!  All I could find at most stores where packages of frozen rolls already raised and ready to put in the oven - that type of roll will not work.  I was surprised to find the actual brand that Southern Living suggested at Albertson's in Venice.

I hope you family enjoys this recipe as much as mine has!


Easy Cinnamon Rolls

 (Actually called Praline Pull-Apart Bread)
1 cup sugar
4 tsp. cinnamon, divided
1 (2 lb.) package of frozen bread roll dough – Rhodes White Dinner Rolls
½ cup butter, melted
1 cup chopped pecans
¾ cup whipping cream
¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar

Stir together granulated sugar and 3 tsp. cinnamon.  Coat each roll in butter; dredge rolls in sugar mixture. (I dump the remaining sugar mixture over the rolls.)  Arrange in a lightly greased 10 inch tube pan; sprinkle with pecans.  Cover and chill 8 – 18 hours.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form - a must; stir in brown sugar and remaining 1 tsp. cinnamon.  Pour mixture over dough.  Place pan on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until golden brown.  (I actually like them baked at around 50 minutes because I like them a little more doughy, though my husband liked them better at the full one hour baking time.)  Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes; invert onto a serving plate, and drizzle with any remaining glaze in pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment