Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Holidays at the Crosley - Festival of Trees

I can't believe that this is the 15th annual Holidays at the Crosley - Festival of Trees, presented by the Crosley Estate Foundation, and I have NEVER attended before!  I was invited to the preview party last night and I must say it was a joy!  I am not going to share too much with you because I want  you to go and see everything with fresh eyes, but I will share a few things with you, just to get you excited about attending.  It is open daily from Nov. 30th - Dec.7th, 11 AM to 9 PM. 

I was pleasantly surprised by just how much there was to see!  The mansion is filled with locally decorated Christmas trees - room after room after room, downstairs and upstairs.  There is also a gingerbread house room/competition, a long upstairs hallway that is filled with wreaths hanging on the walls that are for sale, all the fireplaces are decorated, there is a model train room, and it goes on and on.  For the first time this year, the recently restored Carriage House is open to the public and it is also decorated.  It also has several holiday tablescapes, which I hope they increase next year. 

There are many activities/special events planned also - daily afternoon teas, boat rides, and special performances.  I think you should add this to your holiday event schedule - you won't be sorry!


Rachel Harrison and event coordinator, Anna Pohl

Event chair, Natalie Gundrun

One of the trees decorated by the Junior League of Manatee with historic photos of League members.

The Perfect Setting designed this tree "village"

A close up of the village

Lionel Bill's Train Collection

The other half of the train collection

A decorated fireplace mantel

One of the decorated wreaths that are for sale.  This one is $45.

One of the gingerbread houses

Another gingerbread house

Yet another gingerbread house

You can tell I adored the gingerbread houses

One of the table settings - a good idea - a lace chair cover made our of a table runner - divine!

Joyce Hart made these topiaries out of fresh parsley.  She said that after they dry out and turn brown, she will spray paint them gold for next year - genius!

Cute way to decorate a bathroom

How creative to decorate a shower curtain by hanging ornaments!  I have to remember that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment